Pennsylvania Land Trust Association member
|Type of Organization
|PA Counties of Operation
Mission or Purpose
1. Serve the needs of London Britain Township (LBT) in the preservation, conservation, and stewardship of historic sites and open space, including important agriculturally productive lands and natural areas;
2. Assist the LBT Board of Supervisors and the LBT Planning Commission in decisions regarding open space planning and land acquisition;
3. Assist landowners in London Britain Township who wish to pursue conservation objectives in their plans for their properties;
4. Establish an endowment fund to provide operating revenue for acquisition of land and interest in land, and for stewardship and planning activities;
5. Provide liaison with environmental, agricultural, conservation and historic preservation organizations and promote the services each organization offers;
6. Acquire land in fee, purchase development rights, and accept lands and conservation easements from donors, including developers, that are required to set aside lands by subdivision or land development regulations;
7. Establish management procedures with homeowners associations;
8. Work with LBT staff in efforts to better manage and improve existing open space areas and greenways.
Land Conservation Figures
|Pennsylvania||Out of State|
|Total Acres Conserved
|Acres Under Easement
|Acres Transferred to Public Agency†
|Other Acres Protected‡
Figures accurate as of 12/31/2017.
† Pertains to land that has been acquired by the land trust and than reconveyed to a local, county or state, state or
federal government entity for conservation purposes.
‡ Other pertains to assistance in transactions including preparation and negotiation work and/or the reconveyance of
land to another private conservation organization.