|Type of Organization
|PA Counties of Operation
Mission or Purpose
The purpose of the Chartiers Creek Watershed Association is to enhance, protect, and develop the ecosystem of the watershed by undertaking activities to:
1. Study the natural resources of the watershed;
2. Develop a program to improve and maintain the water resources of the watershed;
3. Promote local interest in natural resource conservation;
4. Involve local support to correct conditions that cause problems for the watershed; and
5. Identify federal, state, and local programs (financial, technical, and scientific) that would benefit the watershed.
To achieve these goals, the Chartiers Creek Watershed Association is committed to working with the real estate community, governments, and other segments of our community, and to be a resource and forum for concepts in land development, on-site stormwater retention, watershed management, and public policy.
Land Conservation Figures
|Pennsylvania||Out of State|
|Acres Under Easement
† Pertains to land that has been acquired by the land trust and than reconveyed to a local, county or state, state or
federal government entity for conservation purposes.
‡ Other pertains to assistance in transactions including preparation and negotiation work and/or the reconveyance of
land to another private conservation organization.